Bhamashah Bima Yojana is intended to provide good quality healthcare facilities to all National Food Security scheme beneficiaries. The introduction of Bhamashah Bima Yojana also reduces the work load from Government healthcare institutions. This scheme is exclusively meant for the resident of Rajasthan which means no person from other state can avail this facility. The insurer of this scheme is New India Assurance Company which provides maximum benefits at minimum charges.
Objective of Bhamashah Bima Yojana Scheme
The major objective of Bhamashah Bima Yojana is to offer cashless facility to IPD and other patients. However some other objectives of this scheme are :
- Reduce ‘out of pocket’ expenses during illness and provide financial security to the poor families.
- To remove risk of expenditure on health with the help of insurance.
- Create database based on health to help Government in their future policies.
- Reach out to the people residing at distant rural areas to provide best health facilities to them.
- Health cover of Rs 30,000/- is provided for general illness and Rs 3 lakhs in case of critical illness.
- Pre hospitalization period is 7 days while post hospitalization period in 15 days is this scheme
- Transport allowance of Rs 100 to 500 is also provided for cardiac and poly trauma cases under this scheme.
- There are 1045 packages under general illness and 500 packages under critical illness in this scheme.
Features of Bhamashah Bima Yojana
- Bhamashah Card will be issued to beneficiaries which can be used to avail benefits under the scheme.
- The scheme is applicable to residents of Rajasthan who comes under the NFSS(National Food Security Scheme) and RSBY(Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana).
- The beneficiary can avail benefits of this scheme in both government and private hospitals.
- Package cost of the scheme includes implants, blood, anesthesia, hospital bed charges, consultant fee, boarding and nursing charges and pathological diagnostic charges.
- Under this scheme grading technology will be used to grade the hospitals for their quality. These activities will motivate the hospitals to maintain their standard performance.
Advantages of this scheme
- Due to lac of money poor peoples can’t afford good healthcare facilities, However Bhamashah Bima Yojana will remove this problem.
- If the people avail benefits from private hospitals, the private hospitals will gets encouraged to open their branches in rural areas.
- This scheme can reduce the burden from Government hospitals as the scheme cover treatment in private hospitals as well.