The Bhamashah Yojana which was launched by Vasundhra Raje during her previous tenure as Chief Minister has been reinitialized. This scheme is named after Bhama Shah a General under Maharana Pratap’s rule. The main objective of Bhamashah Yojana is women empowerment, financial inclusion and efficient delivery of Government services to the citizens.
In this scheme the government benefits are transferred directly into beneficiary’s account thus reducing corruption. The Government open the bank account in the name of Women of family and money from all government subsidies will be deposited to that account.
The Bhamashah Yojana is very much similar to Jhan Dhan Yojana but as the Jhan Dhan Yojana allows to open bank account of any member of family, Bhamashah Yojana is intended to open bank account of Women of the family.
The total enrolled families under this scheme till date is 1,29,32,476 and 43,35,09,49,975 rupees has been dispersed through this scheme.
Benefits of Bhamashah Yojana for Women
- Bhamashah Yojana is launched to give all benefits of state government schemes directly to the poor women.
- In this scheme the 1.5 Cr women of the state will be registered and open their bank accounts.
- Women should be registered in Bhamashah Yojana Card to open the bank accounts.
- Bhamshah Card will be issued to head women of the family
- Medical insurance of Rs 30,000 will be provided for women and also financial help of Rs 3 lacs is provided in case of dangerous diseases.
- According to this scheme the special card will be allotted to handicapped and students. It provide economic helps and important facilities for those who did not live with their families.
- The men can also get this card but they will have to pay Rs 20 or 25 extra for this.