Coir Udyami Yojana is a scheme which is introduced by the central government of India to facilitate the development of the coir industry through setting up modern production and processing units of coir and coir products.
Under this scheme the government provides credit linked subsidy through identified banks to the coir industry.
This scheme is made especially for the southern states which have the large number of small and medium coir industries of producing the coir products.
Coir is the natural fiber which is made from coconut husk and this fiber is used to make several products like blankets, ropes floor mats, fishing nets, brushes, art and crafts and more products.
India is one of the major coir industries in the world so it is required to be developed.
Objective of Coir Udaymi Yojana (CUY)
The central government has set up many objectives and visions of Coir Udyami Yojana.
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide the modernization to the coir industries by preferring them modern technologies of production and processing of coir products.
- This scheme will enhance the earnings of the workers engaged in the coir industry.
- This scheme will also enhance the utilization of coconut husk and will increase the production of the coir fiber and coir products.
- This scheme will generate employment in the rural areas of coconut producing states of the country.
Eligibility conditions of this scheme
The central government has set up some eligibility conditions to take the benefit of this scheme.
- The beneficiary should be the permanent resident of India and minimum 18 years old.
- Under this scheme there is no limit of income for assistance for setting up to project under Coir Udaymi Yojana.
- This scheme is beneficial for the projects in which the production of the fiber/yarn products is being made which are coming under the coir industry.
- Under this scheme the banks will provide the 55% amount of the cost of the project after that 45% is contributed by the beneficiary and it has to be given in installments within 7 years.
India is the country which makes the export of the products of fiber in more than 85 countries. So the central government has started this scheme to develop these industries with new and modern technology.
To apply for Coir Udaymi Yojana the beneficiary can get application form from Coir Board Offices and can be downloaded from official website www.coirboard.gov.in.