The Prime Minister of India Launched the Jan Aushadhi Yojana on 1 July 2015 to provide the high quality medicines at low price. The government provide high quality generic medicines at lower price then the market current price for the citizen of India. These medicines also from the good brands and best in the quality. The government also opened the Jan Aushadhi Stores in each district of the state.
The Jan Aushadhi Yojana first launched in 2008. The main objective of this scheme is to provide the quality medicines for the economically weaker sections who don’t afford the price of good quality medicines. The first Jan Aushadhi Store opened in 2008 at Amritsar Civil Hospital. The government of India has produced these medicines for the economically weaker sections. These medicines will be produced by the public sector and private sector also.
The government test these medicines through various processes then re branded as Jan Aushadhi. The government targeted the poor people in this scheme to provide them best quality medicine at lower price compare with the current market price. In the Jan Aushadhi Yojana poor people get good quality and branded medicines as cheaper price.
There are many Jan Aushadhi Stores have been opened in the various parts of the country like Uttar Pradesh 1 store, Madhya Pradesh 5 stores, Tripura 3 stores, Mizoram 1 store, Delhi 5 stores, Punjab 22 stores, Haryana 2 stores, Maharashtra 1 store, Odisha 23 stores, Chandigarh 3 stores, Jammu & Kashmir 8 stores, Himachal Pradesh 10 stores and in Jharkhand 24 stores. The public can get lower price medicines only from these stores. The prices of Jan Aushadhi is 3-4 times cheaper than the current market rates.
Objectives of Jan Aushadhi Yojana
- Government create awareness between the people about the generic medicines.
- Government advise the government hospital Doctors to prescribe generic drugs for the patients to increase the demand.
- The government manufactured the medicine to reduce the cost of the medicine to available the medicine at low price.
- Jan Aushadhi scheme provide best quality medicine at lower price for the economically weaker sections.
- Jan Aushadhi stores provide Branded generic medicines for the poor people.