Government of Madhya Pradesh has launched the Ladli Laxmi Yojana for improving the education and economic status of the girl child. This scheme brings positive attitude towards birth of a girl and also prevent child marriages. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan was inaugurated this scheme in the year 2007 and it is followed by expansion to 6 additional states.
The government purchases National Savings Certificate of 6,000 each year and this process continue for next 5 year, these would be renewed from time to time. The government would paid Rs. 2,000 on girl’s admission in the 6th class and 4,000 in 9th class. When the girl takes admission in 11th class in any school then government give Rs. 7,500 to girl. In the 12th class she would receive Rs. 200 per month. When the girl reach to 21 years then she get the remaining amount from the government, which would be more than Rs. 1 lac.
Eligibility for Ladli Laxmi Yojana
- Anganwadi Centre attend regularly by the applicant.
- Those applicants whose parents are permanent resident of the state and the do not pay income tax are eligible.
- When the twins girls are born in second delivery, then all benefits of this scheme will be provided to both girls.
- If the parents are not alive the application can be submitted up to five years of age of a girl child.
- If three girls are born toghether in first delivery, then the benefits are provided to all three girls.
- When a family adopt a orphan girl, then the benefit of this scheme will be provided to her by considering first girl of the family.
- In case of second child the family planning must be done before application submission.
- When only two children in a family and their parents die, then the family planning condition is not applicable , only death certificate of both mother and father are required.
Apply for Ladli Laxmi Yojana
- Peoples apply at the Anganwadi Centre of their village or Locality to take benefit of this scheme.
- All the necessary documents must be attached with the application form of Ladli Laxmi Yojana.
- In the case of orphan girl, the superintendent of concerned orphanage will have to apply to concerned project officer, before completing 6 years of age and within 1 year of admission of girl in orphanage.
The main objective of Ladli Laxmi Yojana is to provide the protection and facilities for the girls to prevent the child marriages and to change the positive attitude towards birth of a girl in the family. The government pay money to the girls for their education and for their future. This scheme is very helpful for the girls who wants to get higher studies in her life.