Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana is implemented throughout Maharashtra to improve the access of below poverty line (BPL) and the above poverty line (APL) families to healthcare. This is started for a time period of 3 years in all 35 districts of Maharashtra. Under this scheme the quality medical care is provided regarding the requirement of hospitality surgeries , therapies through an identified network of healthcare. Earlier this scheme was named Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana but now it is modified with new features and the processes and it is named Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni yojana. Now this scheme is modified in such a way that it is more comprehensive for the poor people.
Eligibility Criteria of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana
Everyone can not take the benefit of this scheme so there is a whole description of the people who are eligible for this scheme.
- The family should be the resident of Maharashtra of any district.
- He must be the holder of the yellow/ orange/Antyodaya Anna Yojana card (AAY) and Annapurna card.
- The families will be identified on the basis of Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayee Health Card issued by the government of Maharashtra.
Procedure for treatment under Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana
There is a selected procedure for the treatment in any network hospital under Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana .
- First of all the beneficiary family will approach to general/women or any nearby network hospital if the beneficiary family go to the government hospital then doctors will give a referral to the network hospital.
- The network hospital examines the referral sent by the government hospital then the documents i.e the ration card and the necessary documents are examined which are needed to take the benefit of this scheme .
- Now the network hospital admits the patient and send a notification to Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana Society.
- If all the conditions are satisfied then an immediate action within 24 hours are taken for the treatment.
- Now the network hospital starts the treatment of the patient.
- Network hospital after performing its duty send the documents for the claim to the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana Society.
- After examining the bills sent by the network hospital the claim is paid within the 10 days after discharge.
The government of Maharashtra changed the name of the scheme Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana to Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana . Earlier in this scheme only 971 ailments were covered but now it has been increased to 1100 ailments. The financial schemes has also increased under this new named scheme 1.5 lakh to 3 lakh. Its health camps are also conducted in the various rural areas and in the network hospitals which are associated with Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jeevandayeeni Yojana.