Mai Bhago Istri Shakti Scheme is launched by the government of Punjab to empower or to make strengthen the women of the state. This scheme helps the women entrepreneurs by providing raw material with help of state level organization. This scheme also envisages seeking and taking assistance, grants, subsidy from the state and the central government.
The main objective of this scheme is to provide the financial assistance to the women for establishing micro and small business in the rural areas.
This scheme encourages the women of rural areas to start up their own small and micro business like crafting and knitting.
Benefits of Mai Bhago Istri Shakti (MBIS) Scheme
The state government of Punjab has launched this scheme to provide the following benefits to the women of the state.
- Under this scheme the loan will be provided to the individual or the group of the women at 8-10% per annum.
- This scheme will improve the financial position of their families and also will give them self respect and self confidence.
- Primary Agriculture Cooperative Societies (PACS) is a organization which is available in many areas Punjab and help to provide training and commercial activity to the women.
- Rs 25000 will be provided to the women through PACS on the basis of personal guarantee by Punjab government.
Eligibility & Documents required for this scheme
The state government of Punjab has set up a fixed pattern of eligibility and for the required documents under this scheme.
- All the women of Punjab are eligible to take the benefit of this scheme.
- The applicant must be the permanent resident of Punjab.
- Resident certificate from the residence authority is required to take the benefit of this scheme.
- Aadhar card and the details of bank with IFSC code are needed to take the assistance under this scheme.
The assistance under this scheme is available in any sector for imparting skills related to employability and entrepreneurship.
This scheme includes agriculture, horticulture, food processing, handlooms, tailoring, handicrafts, gems & jewellery, travel & tourism and the hospitality.