Mukhya Mantri Amrutum Yojana was started on 4 September 2012 in Gujarat to provide healthcare coverage to the people of the state.
Initially this scheme was launched for the people who are living Below Poverty Line (BPL).
But now it has been extended for the people whose income is 1.20 Lac per annum or less than 1.5 Lac per annum from August 2014 onwards.
This scheme provides the medical facilities covering hospitalization and surgeries to all the families of Gujarat.
The beneficiary families have not to pay any amount to take the benefit of this scheme.
Key Features of Mukhya Mantri Amrutum Yojana (MMAY)
The important features and the details of Mukhya Mantri Amrutum Yojana are listed below.
- Under this scheme the beneficiaries have not to pay any amount it is fully funded by the government of Gujarat.
- Under this scheme an implementation support agency is appointed for the process of claim.
- This scheme is 100% free scheme and funds under this scheme are directly transferred to the service provider.
- The families of the Low Income Group (LIG) or Below Poverty Line (BPL) are the beneficiary of this scheme.
- The families whose annual income is 1.2 Lac or less than 1.5 Lac are also beneficiaries of this scheme.
- To take the benefit of this scheme the people should be the permanent resident of Gujarat.
Activities & strategies of this scheme
Here is the description of the activities and the programs which are held under this scheme.
- Under this scheme there is the facility of cashless quality medical and surgical treatment of catastrophic illness like cardiovascular diseases, renal (kidney) diseases, neurological diseases, burns, cancer and many more diseases which cover 544 defined procedures along with their follow ups.
- The sum of Rs 2 Lac is assured under this scheme undertaking the annual income of the beneficiary.
- There are 112 empanelled hospitals (68 private + 19 government and 25 standalone dialysis centre) across the state of Gujarat under this scheme.
- 251 Taluka kiosks and 67 civic centre kiosks are established at Taluka and city centre kiosks where the beneficiary can enroll themselves.
Mukhya Mantri Amrutum Yojana is awarded by the prestigious SKOCH award for smart governance on 20 September 2014.
The package rates of various medical procedures under Mukhya Mantri Amrurum Yojana are listed on the official website www.mugujarat.com