Mukhyamantri Jan Awas Yojana Rajasthan is launched in 2015 to provide the affordable houses to the people of Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and to the Low Income Group (LIG) of society.
The aim of this scheme is to provide the houses to all in their financial capabilities. Another aim of this scheme is to attract the private developers for construction of the houses for EWS/LIG people of the society. There is a growing requirement for shelter and related infrastructure in urban areas for the EWS and LIG people.
Eligibility Criteria for Mukhyamantri Jan Awas Yojana
The state government of Rajasthan started this scheme to provide the houses to all the families of the urban areas for that an eligibility criteria has been set up.
- The maximum annual income of the Economically Weaker Section should be up to Rs 150000 and for the Low Income Group should be above Rs 150000 but less than 3 Lac.
- The applicant should not own any leasehold or freehold house or plot either in his own name or in the name of any member of the family.
- The applicants should be the permanent resident of Rajasthan and an affidavit is submitted by the beneficiary.
- The identification of the beneficiary is linked to Aadhar card / BHAMASHAH or to any other unique identification to avoid duplicacy.
Mission of Chief Minister’s Jan Awas Yojana Rajasthan
The state government of Rajasthan has set up a mission which has to be complete under this scheme.
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide affordable houses for all creation of EWS/LIG families.
- To motivate the government agencies and private developers to take the construction of houses.
- To create the housing stock for EWS/LIG categories in the urban areas.
The Department of Urban Development will work under this scheme to provide the houses to the poor people of the state in urban areas. The state government of Rajasthan declared that the housing shortage by1.05 million in the EWS/LIG category will be completed under this scheme.