The primary need of human being is a house. A house is where new dreams are born and are nurtured every day. The price of the property is increasing day by day. It is not easy to buy a home for the poor peoples. A house is very important for the survival and livelihood of the people. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme is launched by the government to help the poor people to get his own house.
The Government of India is taking major steps towards the poor peoples that they can get a house within their financial capability. This scheme comes with a bold vision of providing affordable homes for the citizens of India. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is also called as HFA which means Housing for All.
The objective of this scheme is to build 2 crore houses for poor till the year 2022. The homeless peoples who belongs to EWS and LIG categories are beneficiary in this new scheme. The Government of India is focused on creating housing unit under three different phases.
- The first phase of the this scheme is from Apr 2015 to Mar 2017 in which 100 cities were selected
- In the second phase 200 more cities will be added from pr 2017 to Mar 2019
- In the third and final phase all remaining cities will be added from Apr 2019 to Mar 2022.
The Union Territories Covered under PM Awas Yojana
- Daman and Diu
- Natinal Capital Territory of Delhi – Delhi
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Puducherry (Previously Pondicherry)
Eligibility for this scheme
- All women from any community is eligible for this scheme.
- The peoples who belongs to Scheduled Casts (SC).
- The peoples who belongs to Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- All Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), BPL families and the LIG categories.
- The income should not exceed 3 lacs p.a. for EWS applicants.
- The income should not exceed 6 lacs p.a. for LIG applicants.
- The age of the applicants should be between 21 to 55 years.
Features given by Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme
- Subsidy will be provided for EWS and LIG applicants from 1 lakh to 2.5 lakhs
- The interest for the loan under this scheme is 6.5%.
- During the construction Eco friendly and sustainable technologies are used.
- The interest on loan is 6.5% only for 15 years in this scheme
- Deferentially able and Old person will get preference in allotment of lower floors.
- For applying for house under PM Awas Yojana, Applicant must fill the name of wife and mother in the application.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
No information available now. When the information is made available by the government , we will update you with all the necessary information that how you apply for the housing scheme. The process of registration in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana are as under-
- Download the application form
- Fill required details in the application
- Submit the application form in the concerned office.