India is the country whose 70% population is depended on the farmers so the central government has launched Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana for the benefit of the farmers of the country.
Prime minister of the country launched this scheme on 13 January 2016 and it will help the farmers in the easing of burden of the premiums on farmers who have taken for the cultivation of the crops. The union cabinet has decided to make the process of the claim and insurance fast and easy so that the farmers can’t get any trouble regarding the crop insurance plan. This scheme will not provide only the protection to the crops of the farmers but it will provide financial help to the farmers.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
There are some conditions which a farmer should fulfill to be eligible for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Scheme. Here is the details and the eligibility criteria of this scheme.
- To take the benefit of this scheme the farmer should be the farmer of India harvesting Rabi, Kharif or any other commercial crop.
- The farmers must harvest the crops which are notified under the ministry of agriculture in that land or area.
- If the crop gets damaged due to the natural calamity then only the crop claim will be provided to the farmers.
- The farmers who are having the crop loan account with the government are automatically eligible for this scheme.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
The Indian government styarted the Fasal bima Yojana to provide the benefits to the farmers of the country.
- Under Fasal Bima Yojana the central government will provide lower premium as compared to the existing schemes.
- The central government will also provide coverage to post harvest losses like hailstone.
- This scheme will encourage the farmers to use the new innovations and the modern techniques of farming.
- This scheme will ensure the flow of credit to the agriculture sector and it will provide financial help to make the continuance in the farming.
- The 25% claim will be settled in the farmers account under this scheme.The farmers who are harvesting a notified crop in the notified areas will get the benefit of this scheme. The existing State Level Coordination Committee on Crop Insurance (SLCCCI) and District Level Monitoring Committee (DLMC) shall be responsible for this scheme. The premium rates under this scheme are lower as compared to the earlier schemes. The agriculture ministry is the administrator of this scheme.