Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is a government insurance scheme which was mentioned in budget speech of Arun jately in February 2015.
Formally this scheme was launched by prime minister on 9 May 2015 in Kolkata. This scheme will be linked to the accounts which have been opened under Pradhan Mantri jan dhan yojana and especially to zero balance account.
The main objective of this scheme is to reduce the number of zero balance accounts by such schemes.
The amount under this scheme will be reached automatically to the account of the applicant.
Features of this Scheme
There is the description of all the features of this scheme.
- Under this scheme the applicant has to pay Rs 330 yearly it means Rs 1 per day and Rs 27.5 per monthly.
- The amount fixed under this scheme in the case of the death of the applicant is Rs 2 Lac.
- The policy has to be renewed every year by the applicant to take the benefits of this scheme.
- Under this scheme it is notified that the amount contributed by the government is unclaimed money that is lying under various public funds.
Eligibility to Join This Scheme
The eligibility to join Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is described here.
- The age of the applicant under this scheme should be between 28 years to 50 years.
- To take the benefit of this scheme there should be the account of the applicant in any participating bank.
- The applicants who are joining this scheme must provide health certificate in the consent cum declaration form as on the date of enrollment.
This scheme was launched for the benefits of the people. This scheme covers a stretching period from 1 June to 31 May. The forms for renewing this scheme will be available on 31 May of every year.
Under this scheme the premium account will be deducted from bank account number automatically in first installment. So it is advised to the members to keep the required account in the respective bank.