Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana is a state plan which is the part of the 11th five year plan of the government of India. In Assam it was launched in august 2007 for the welfare of the farmers and to increase the efficiency of the farmers. This scheme was launched to provide the developed strategies to the agriculture resources. This scheme provides additional resoures to the farmers for improving the farming of Assam.
Mission of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana
Here is the description of the aims or the objectives which are set for the farmers of Assam under the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
- It provides natural resources and new technologies to make more productivity of the crop in Assam.
- It offers new patterns of harvesting the crop by which the farmers are getting more returns of their crops.
- This scheme accelerates the working capacity of the farmers by applying more and new techniques of farming.
- If the state maintains or increase the productivity then only this scheme will be provided to the state.
- It will provide sustainable agriculture food , employment and for the wealth.
- It is for the increasment in the agriculture crops and increase the farm income with the aim of 4% growth in the agriculture.
Sectors covered under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas yojana (RKVY)
Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana covered many sectors in Assam
- Crop cultivation
- Animal husbandry
- Dairy development
- Agriculture research and development
- Forestry and wildlife
- Plantation and agriculture marketing
- Food storage and warehousing
- Soil and water conservation
- Agriculture financial institutions
In august 2007 the central government gave approval to the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana for Assam. The main aim of this scheme is to give more production and development of the agriculture field in Assam. This scheme makes the availability quality seeds and farm mechanization. This scheme increased the agriculture growth from 3.03% to 4.45%. it has also increased the cropping intensity from 139% to 149%. There has been the promotion of oil palm in Assam by applying Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
Directorate of agriculture
G.S road Khanapura