Inspired by the Kisan Bima Yojana of Central Government, the Uttar Pradesh Government is starting Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojana. As the Kisan Bima Yojana is for farmers only the Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojana is going to benefit farmers as well as other people whose family income is less than Rs 75,000.
Click to know about Bima Care Card Website
This new scheme will replace Krishak Bima Yojana which is intended to benefit only those farmers who are registered in revenue records. The main objective of Samajwadi Bima Yojana & Sarvhit Bima Yojana is to provide social security for the farmers and the poor people of the state. The scheme will benefit almost 15 crore people out of 20 crore population of the state. The Brand Ambassador of the Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojana and Sarvhit Bima Yojana is actor Nawazuddin Sidiqui.
Benefits of Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojana and Sarvhit Bima Yojana
- In case of accident which results in death or permanent disability a sum of Rs 5 lakhs is provided.
- A sum of Rs 2,50,000/- for the treatment is provided in case of accident.
- In case of mutilation of any part of body the government will provide 1 lakh to the victim for artificial body part.
- In case of any accident, medical assistance of Rs 25,000/- will be provided for first aid at nearest medical center.
- Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojna Care Card will be provided free for receiving benefits under the scheme.
- This scheme is also applicable in case of snake biting or any harm by wild animals.
Yojana Care Card
Under this scheme State Government is providing free Care Card The Care Card is issued in the name of applicant and can be used to receive the benefits under Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojana. However in case of not having the Care Card the benefits would also be provided for the beneficiary under this scheme.
How to Claim under Samajwadi Kisan Bima Yojana
In order to avail benefits under this scheme you can submit the following documents along with the claim form.
1. Certificate of age of family head.
2. Copy of the Khasra, Khatauni registration
3. Income certificate (In case of BPL card holders or Samajwadi Pension Yojana benefeciaries it is not required )
4. Family distribution letter
5. Copy of FIR
6. Death certificate in case of death.
7. Permanent disability certificate from Head Doctor in case of disbaility.
8. Legal Heir certificate
9. Bills related to treatment from the hospital
10.Bank name, A/c number and IFSC code of care card holder or nominee.
The Uttar Pradesh Government has also provided 24 hrs Toll Free Helpline number 1502. People who wants to learn more about the scheme and avail the benefits can contact by calling the number.