UP Government is planning to launch Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana for free smartphone in Uttar Pradesh. In this scheme free smartphone will be provided to the citizens whose total family income is less than Rs 6 lakh annually. The last date of application for Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana is 25th November 2016.
While the free laptop scheme is already a hit in the state, party comes up with the idea to give free smartphones to people. The registration for the smartphone will start soon but the delivery of free smartphone will be made only after 2017 assembly elections.
The smartphone will act as two way communication between Government and citizens. The phone will come pre loaded with various Apps using which citizens can get information about Government schemes. People can give feedback about various schemes run by the Government . Apply Online for Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana
Samajwadi Smartphone Features
The free smartphone will come installed with various applications which will help people to know about various running Govt schemes. Students can know about jobs available for them while farmers can know crop rate and weather reports. Citizens can also provide feedback about various running schemes which will help Government to improve.
- Study material for the students
- Information about weather
- Market crop rate for farmers
- Various State Government scheme apps
- Job alerts
Eligibility Criteria for Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana Application
The registration for the scheme is not yet started and no official. portal for application is active but according to the announcement here is the eligibility condition for the scheme.
- Family income of the applicant should not be more than 6.00 lacs annually.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh
- Applicant must be over 18 Years of age.
- The applicant or his/her parents must not be a Class 1 or Class 2 Government employee.