The Allahabad High Court is a high court based in Allahabad that has jurisdiction over the Indian state Uttar Pradesh. Allahabad High Court was established in 1869, it was first court established in India.
Allahabad became the seat of government of North-Western Provinces and a high court was established in 1834 but shifted to Agra within a year. In 1868 it was shifted to Allahabad back. The former high court was located at Accountant General’s office at university of Allahabad complex.
Allahabad High court was originally founded as the high court of judicature for the North-Western Provinces at Agra on 17 June 1866 by the Indian high court act 1861. It replaced the Sadr Diwani Adalat. Simpson were appointed the first chief justice and first registrar respectively of the high court of North-Western Provinces.
On 2 October 1925, the Oudh Judicial Commissioner’s court was replaced by Oudh chief court at Lucknow by the Oudh civil court Act 1925. This act was enacted United Provinces Legislature with the previous sanction of the Governor General the passing of this act.
On February 1948, the chief court of Oudh was amalgamated with the high court Allahabad. When the state Uttrakhand was carved of Uttar Pradesh in 2000, this high court creased to have jurisdiction over the districts falling in Uttrakhand.
Allahabad High Court was built Khan Saheb Nizamuddin of Loha Mundi,Agra India. He also donated the water fountain to the high court. The seat of the court is at Allahabad. Allahabad High Court maintains a permanent circuit bench at Lucknow, the administrative capital of the state. The maximum number of serving judges is 160, the highest in India.
Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale is the chief justice of Allahabad High court from 30 July 2016 till date. The complete information about the Allahabad High Court can be taken from its official website.
Official Website of Allahabad High Court – www.allahabadhighcourt.in